Jewelry Appraisals by Appointment Only. Our offices are located at a few convenient locations in Scottsdale and Mesa. Office appointments are available Monday-Friday 10am-5pm.
When shopping for jewelry, if you need assistance making sure you are getting the best value and quality, ask about our shopping assistant services. We can assist you in purchasing diamonds, gemstones and coins. Shopping assistant hourly rate is 100.00. A discount will be applied for more than three hours.
Our Mobile Travel Lab Appraisal Service is Available Monday-Friday 10am-5pm. Diamond & Jewelry Appraisals can be performed while you wait and while you watch avoiding the need to send or ship your jewelry.
Pricing: Each appraisal is 150.00.
Fees for special items such as antique, custom jewelry and larger stones are quoted before the work is performed. The price may be higher due to the additional time it takes to appraise the items.
We Accept: Cash, Checks, Visa, Master Card, American Express and Discover.
A. Preparing For Your Appraisal Appointment:
- Cleaning Your Jewelry: Try to have your jewelry cleaned best possible before your appointment to save time. A thorough cleaning can be done in our office more quickly if your jewelry is reasonably clean to start out with. A mixture of a mild household liquid soap detergent and water scrubbing with a soft bristle toothbrush works best.
- Grading Certificates: Please remember to bring your GIA, AGS, IGI or EGL Certificates for comparison. Although we do our own Independent Appraisal, unlike a loose stone grading, most likely we will be appraising your jewelry mounted and may need a depth measurement or diameter or actual weight to complete our appraisal. For this a loose grading cert. is helpful.
- Write down any questions or problems you may have had with your purchase or the jewelry being appraised so that you won’t forget any major points of concern.
B. Your Diamond & Jewelry Appraisal Appointment:
- Fees and Payment Arrangements: We discuss Fees and Payment with you before we appraise your jewelry to insure client satisfaction. Please be sure to give a 24 hour cancellation notice to reschedule or cancel an appointment. Failure to do this may result in an appointment fee if not rescheduled. For your convenience we accept: Cash, Check, Visa, MC, Amex and Discover.
- Procedure & Consultation: We appraise your jewelry while you wait and watch. Your jewelry is in your sight at all times. We will explain each test and procedure as we perform them making it a fun enjoyable and educational experience. We Test, and Identify, Metals and Gemstones along with grading for: color, clarity, polish, proportion, as well as cut grade. We test for natural origin, including treatments. All tests and procedures are safe for your jewelry. Most clients comment on how well our work is done and how smooth it all goes. Remember to tell us about any concerns you may have. Although we have many years of appraisal experience, every item of jewelry is unique and every client is serviced to meet their individual needs and circumstances.
- Report Preparation: Results can be given both verbally, in print, or formatted to meet: Insurance, Estate, Tax, Equitable Distribution or Collateral Loan Purposes. All our appraisal work and appropriate Certificates are for acceptance by: Insurance Companies, Banks and Attorneys and for All Legal Purposes.
- Report Verification: Once you have received your paperwork, please check that a copy has been received by the party requesting the appraisal. Many times a faxed or mailed copy was sent and assumed received. Be sure to check.